Fact: 1 in 4 Americans suffer from asthma or allergies.
I bet there are times you wake up feeling a little stuffy, sinuses a little clogged, slight dull headache. What's causing that? Could be one of the little microscopic things living in that pillow like
dust mite droppings, pollen, fungal and mold spores, and pet dander.
All I can say is, eeeewwwww.
One thing you might try is changing that pillowcase and Aller-Ease is making it really easy to WIN one so you can test my theory FREE!
Aller-Ease is giving away 50 pillow protectors EVERY DAY through Monday, April 6th.
Not only that, give them your WORST allergy story and you could win an allergy-proofing bedroom makeover! (Allergy horror story contest ends April 30, 2009.)
What are some other things you can do to reduce allergies in your bedroom?
- Wash bed linens weekly in 130-degree Fahrenheit water
- Remove dust collecting clutter from the bedroom and other areas of your home
- Place non-washable plush toys in a zip-lock bag and put them in the freezer for 3-5 hours every week to kill off any dust mites
- Change air conditioner filters frequently during the allergy season
- Shampoo hair nightly and change clothes before entering the bedroom to avoid transferring outdoor pollens into your bedroom
For more tips and to hear answers to common allergy questions from the Medical Director of Allergy and Asthma Care of New York, Dr. Clifford W. Bassett, visit the Aller-Ease site today.
Don't forget to enter to win one of 50 pillow protectors before Monday!