Riding at Potomac Horse Center
As you may know, the Twofer have been taking riding lessons at Potomac Horse Center since September. It's a great place to start riding because they offer lessons as early as age 5 (Twofer have been asking since age 3!) and they are #1 in terms of safety and instruction. They offer a number of 'client shows' each year which are a great way to introduce kids to competition and showing horses.
Here are the details you need to know:
1. They were excited to sign up for the show...but then not very excited to participate the day of the show.
2. They looked darn cute in their white
3. L got a 2nd Place and M got a 3rd Place!
4. This was their first ever competition...you know, where not everyone wins.Here are the things you don't really need to know but I will tell you anyway
1. They did NOT put them in the same class (whew!)
2. I'm not sure they even knew it was a competition.
3. Afterward L was upset that she got 2nd place (the red ribbon) and not 6th place (the pink ribbon).
First competition = food for my neuroses
The neurotic me was thinking this could be a nightmare. The logical me realized this is something they have to learn NOW. Not everyone wins. Not everyone gets the same color ribbon. Some days you will perform better than other days. But going out there and having fun DOES matter because in the end, that's what you take home - a smile.
Here's a short video showing them hanging with their friend Jenna before their events, and then L walking and M trotting.
You might also like:
First we learn to ride a horse, then a bike