Today is/was my birthday. Today was also a snow day - schools were closed. Had I been a child this would have been a bust of a birthday because I would have missed having cupcakes at school with my friends.
As an adult, this day was near perfect. The only thing holding it back from perfect was the little bit of work I had to do, and I didn't get that nap I wanted.
Here's what I did get:
- tons of birthday wishes from family, friends, and old/new Facebook friends
- an afternoon of sledding with my entire family
- grilled cheese and tomato soup (yum!)
- cheeseburger and fries from 5 Guys (double yum!)
- ice cream cake for dessert
- American Idol auditions (this is my favorite part of the new season)
Happy Birthday to me!