Let me first clarify that I'm not promoting people buy boots that say Ugg on them but are not really Ugg brand boots - that is illegal. By 'fake' I'm talking about suede boots in the style of Uggs but with a much lower price like the Circo® Danalynn Suede Boots pictured above. One might even call them FUGGs.
When it comes to little girls, they are aware of the style but not necessarily the brand. They are also not fully aware of the cost of their boots and so a mud puddle is just as fun to jump in whether your boots cost $80 or $20.
How do you choose the best FUGGs?
Here are my Tips for Buying UGG-like boots for your kids
1. Look for a sole where the rubber comes up around the edges - this will help preserve some of the suede arond the toes
2. Look at the seams to make sure they are in good shape
3. Feel the lining and the inside to make sure there aren't any strange bumps or bare spots
4. Check the seam from where the sole meets the boot. If you pull on it and it seems loose, it will only loosen more as they wear them and that will allow water and cold air to seep in.
5. Buy then early! These boots tend to disappear fast from Target and some other stores so August isn't too early!