It's the Monday after Christmas. The Twofer have had plenty of gifts to open, and still have a few more coming from extended family. We've all eaten way too much dessert, and not just for dessert. A cookie for breakfast is totally acceptable this time of year (in my home anyway).
What's more? We still have the rest of winter break and New Year's to celebrate which means more late nights, lots of food, and less work than I care to admit.
But next Sunday starts the re-programming. Because October through December is like the gluttony of Rome around here. The rules always seem to change for those 3 months. We need to get back to the regular rules of the house. Kinda like turning the clock forward after daylight savings- suck it up kids, the sun goes down now at 5pm!
Here's what we need to get back to:
1. We do not eat dessert at all hours of the day, nor do we have dessert every single night.
2. Gifts are meant to be little surprises, NOT expectations.
3. TV is not the 5th member of our family. It will not cry if we turn it off. I promise.
4. Candy, even fruit flavored, is not one of the 4 food groups.
5. Here's one for the parents...you will not be threatened with coal every time you do something wrong. (Only for the really big stuff.)
What are you going to work on re-programming next week?